What is Hypnosis?
The Power Of Hypnosis
For example, how many times have you driven your car and arrived at your destination without knowing how you got there? You were in Hypnosis. Whenever you’re concentrating so much on what you’re doing that you don’t realize how much time has gone by – like reading a good book or watching a great movie – you’re in Hypnosis.
Think of the natural rhythms in nature like the continual rhythmic movement of waves crashing against the shoreline. Or how the Earth and all the planets in our solar system go round and round their own axis and round and round the sun, moving and somehow in sync with everything else. Even in our personal lives, we can achieve a peaceful state of “flow.” It’s an altered state that’s always there for you to experience.
In many ways, the experience of Hypnosis is magical. Because once you’re in this open state of Mind, you can make strong, positive suggestions to change your life dramatically.
- If you want to play golf in the zone, learn Self Hypnosis. Go to my store and order my all downloadable “Own the Zone 7-Day Golf Program.”
- If you’re overweight, you can become totally satisfied while taking in powerful weight loss suggestions while in Hypnosis. You can lose weight without dieting.
- If you smoke, your urges can vanish permanently.
- You can become a non-smoker.
- You can become calm and relaxed if you’re stressed or anxious.
- If you’re phobic, your fears can disappear completely.
- If you’re depressed, those feelings can turn into joy and aliveness.
- You can manage chronic pain or have pain-free childbirth by learning how to create natural anesthesia in your body.
Two Facts to Remember:
- Hypnosis only works if you want to and expect it.
- At all times, the only person in control is you.
How Does Your Mind Work?
Even though we seem to have only one Mind, we actually have two: an Outer Mind (Conscious) and an Inner Mind (Subconscious). And they function quite differently. Think of your Conscious Mind as the tip of an iceberg and your Subconscious as the part of the iceberg that’s much bigger but hidden away.
Think of them combined as a bio-computer. Your Conscious mind has been wired to reason things out, to search for solutions and to try to make things happen using willpower. You’re probably most familiar with using this part of your Mind.
But as you may have noticed, trying and willpower don’t work very well when it comes to:
- Losing weight
- Smoking cessation
- Managing your stress
- Lowering your golf score
- Building Self Esteem
- Feeling good
- Or changing any destructive habit
Why? Because your habitual patterns of behavior have been programmed into that other part of your Mind — your Subconscious — and habits can only change on the Subconscious level.
So if you feel out of control, just know that you can regain mental control by re-educating your Inner Mind through the Power of Suggestion.
How Does Hypnosis Work?
Now that you understand how your Mind works, how natural and familiar Hypnosis is and how it can benefit you, you will want to tap into this vast reservoir of power. All you need to do is visualize the end result of your heart’s desire and to follow my Self Hypnosis instructions.
In other words…
As You See Yourself… So You Become
Here are some of the important ways that the Power of Suggestion operates:
- Your Inner Mind believes what it sees.
- The more emotional your desire, the stronger the impact of the picture.
- Your Inner Mind is lazy: it needs repetition for change to occur.
- The more detailed your picture, the more accurate your outcome.
- If you expect a positive outcome, you will receive it.
- If you expect a negative outcome, you will receive it.
This means that once you learn how to create Self Hypnosis on command and through suggestion, you need to produce strong mental images of what you want to accomplish, how you want to be, feel and look. This process is easy, it’s fun and it works.
I can help you accomplish your goals through my Coaching & Hypnosis Sessions (Note: I coach clients from all over the world as well as locally.)
If you want more information or a complimentary 20-minute phone, contact me now.
Meet Jennifer Scott, C.Ht
I’m a Certified and Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist based in Scottsdale, Arizona. I welcome clients locally as well as globally for those wanting to connect with me through Skype or Periscope. I completed my Bachelor’s degree from Ottawa University and am Certified in Medical and Immune System Hypnotherapy, Medical Hypnotherapy, Transpersonal Psychology and Advanced Hypnotherapy.
Monday – Friday 9:00AM – 5:30PM
Saturday 10:00AM – 5:00PM